It's raining in Nevada City, today...After two beautiful weeks, it's time to start building up our water reserves again...Last year it was a frightening fire season so Let It Rain!
But now I'm starting to think about our upcoming trip to Puerto Vallarta. I wasn't excited a few weeks ago but now with the gray skies and fog, I'm ready!
Just going through my photos and remembering the view from our condo...The tree on the beach is just amazing. It's a parrota tree. One of the very hardest woods. It can withstand almost anything.
From the back we have a view of the highway ~ well road is more like it ~ that goes left to Puerto Vallarta and to Mismaloya to the right. Directly across from us is a bus stop and for 35 cents you can ride into downtown PV and it takes about 10 minutes. Right above the road across from us is jungle.
It is very different down here in the "south bay". It's the most desirable area for those of us who want to feel like we are really in Mexico. North of town, where the airport is, looks like Cancun or Miami with highrises and all-inclusive resorts that are basically all norteamericanos.
I forgot how nice the place looks! We did a major remodel...down to the studs...It was really necessary since whenever you plugged anything into an outlet sparks flew out! Of course, we went overboard ~ given that we are hardly there!
So while I have nothing fun to do while the weather outside is frightful, I'll start packing!

No comments:
Post a Comment