Even though I've moved here to the mountains, I still receive the weekend San Francisco Chronicle for the "big picture". Well, as big as SF lets anything be except itself...This weekend there was an article about what "recessionistas" can do during this "sensitive economy". I love it. Where else would you find such a delightful spin? Every once in awhile when I read things like this I get twangs of homesickness. I miss my daily hits of weird. Not to say that Nevada City is not because there is an entire tribe of '60s outcasts that moved here. The thing is that they became almost mainstream alternatives. There are a yoga teachers, environmental groups, holistic and alternative medicines, retreat farms - you name it, it's here. My God, Roger Hodgson, of Supertramp is our neighbor. But coming from SF, it's almost an "been there, done that" flavor.I guess I miss the cutting edge...
I think that I mentioned before that I've started working again. I do recruiting for what I think are the only two sectors of the tech economy (besides entertainment) that are growing...network security and wireless RFID. One keeps Big Brother out and the other tracks everything and everyone for that same Brother. Even though I'm really new to the blog thing, I'm going to write another one that just dedicated to work and things related. (Now that I'm into it again.) I must admit that I have had a great career in HR. Particularly, staffing. I still have that idealist view that it really is the people that make the company. Not in the sugary, mission statement rhetoric. I'm a business yenta!
Don't get me wrong...I'm still hoping that my inner creative voice will appear in this blog. I envision one day as my fingers hit the keyboard they take on a life of there own. Suddenly, profound and original thoughts appear in this posting window and my mind soars into the Big and returns with revelations of what it all means. I live with a "thoughts are things...choose the good ones...philosophy. It all started a zillion years ago with the Power of Positive Thinking and throughout the years the road on which I travel has always been illuminated with its reflection. There have been so many times when what are typically called "miracles" happened in my life that I've wanted to write books, give speeches, put on billboards telling everyone - keep your eyes on the prize and BELIEVE.

No comments:
Post a Comment