Here in Nevada City things are very high. People here are emotional. Works for me because I am, too. The entire show at Lincoln Center yesterday was broadcast on our local station in its entirety. Parts of it just made me weep. I'm old. I remember all the "stuff"...when Rosa Parks wouldn't get off the bus, when Martin Luther King spoke, when Vietnam felt like it would never end, and when there was Camelot. "Yea, yea", the downers said. "You're dreamin." "Pie in the sky." "Don't rock the boat." But the music reflected the times then...it vitalized a young generation - the largest generation ever in this country. And there it was again yesterday. Tears... You bet!
I've been reading some blogs where there is no rejoicing; where the naysayers are already finding fault; where the comments are so negative...(I'm going to be a little dramatic here)...You are the folks that held the guns at Kent State.
In spite of it all...Here, we are again! A nation that's bursting with hope again! Just remember the music and as far as all the rest..."Don't Let it Bring You Down" and "Dance, Dance, Dance...Dance to the Music".

No comments:
Post a Comment